END OF AN ERA FOR A CARLTON FAVOURITE
Next month, Carlton’s The Town Mouse will host a six-week countdown to closure with a celebration of its much-loved and vibrant past, as the founding team prepare to sell the lauded Melbourne eatery.
Since its inception in 2013, The Town Mouse has been more successful than the team could ever have imagined, and the closure will reflect on a rich history, whilst making way for new ventures.
To mark the occasion, patrons visiting The Town Mouse from Thursday, 1 February will be treated to a set four course menu that will showcase a collection of regularly changing favourite dishes from the past, plus a series of new creations from executive chef, Dave Verheul.
Sunday lunches will comprise of a set three-course menu, and will welcome BYO throughout the day and night.
Adding to the celebrations, The Town Mouse’s extensive wine collection from the past five years will be unveiled and sold at reduced prices. Previous team members will also be returning for cameo service appearances, embracing the strong heritage this little restaurant has built over its five years.
What you need to know:
- Launch date: 1 February 2018
- Closure date: first or second week of March 2018
- Opening hours: Sunday lunch and dinner Thursday to Monday
- Prices: $68/75 per person for dinner; $50 per person for Sunday lunch [note the two dinner prices are for with/ without dessert]
- Address: 312 Drummond Street, Carlton VIC 3053
- Contact: thetownmouse.com.au| 03 9347 3312